The Sefton is a perfectly situated, relaxing, calm and rather beautiful four star hotel with an award-winning restaurant. It is a sympathetic mixture of a fine restored Victorian hotel and a new extension set round a unique water garden. This hotel is quite unique and much much unlike other chain hotels and as such The Sefton is increasingly the first-choice hotel for both business and leisure visitors to the island.
The Atrium Water Garden
The Atrium Water Garden at the Sefton Hotel, Douglas Isle of Man has a distinctive and most unusual design which uses nature itself to both ventilate and moderate the internal environment creating comfortable conditions for both hotel guests and garden plants alike. The Water Garden helps to create a relaxed atmosphere with elegant palm fronds and lily ponds, ferns and luxuriant creepers and lush fountains. This is intrinsic to the ethos of the hotel, a conscious rejection of the sealed windows, dry air and constant hum of many modern buildings. Instead, create a fantastically soothing atmosphere and state-of-the-art technology allows nature itself to dictate the optimum conditions for hotel guests and plants alike.
At Sefton Hotel there are 100 luxurious bedrooms: 15 executive rooms, 25 with sea view and 60 with balconies overlooking the beautiful atrium water garden. Rooms are all well furnished, each including a sofa or armchair, TV, internet, iron and trouser press, direct dial phone, hospitality tray, fridge, personal safe, work desk and a well appointed bathroom. Room types available are Standard, Executive, Sea Facing rooms/suites, Sea Facing Deluxe and Atrium Balcony/Deluxe/Junior Suite.
The Breakfast Room
The breakfast room is situated on the first floor overlooking the bay and harbour. The perfect place to see the sun rise.
The Gallery Restaurant
For those among us that like high quality food cooked by award winning chefs and a restaurant that provides true service and comfort then the Gallery Restaurant is ideal. We have a large selection of mouth-watering dishes to tempt you including a flambe service at your table. The Sefton is very proud to provide our guests with complete homemade dishes even our Ice Cream is legendary with flavours such as Pistachio and Tiramisu. Wherever possible we use only the finest locally provided Manx produce which presents you with a true flavour of the Isle of Man.
Sir Norman's Bar
Sir Norman's bar is a smoke free bar with a relaxed atmosphere with an extensive wine list, full lunch and dinner menu, selection of pastries, afternoon teas and snacks. Opening from 10am-Midnight it offers something for everyone and on Friday and Saturday evenings you can hear the resident Pianist playing.
The Sefton Hotel is a specialist in hosting conferences and can accommodate a variety of sized events. Fully Wi-Fi enabled that is free of charge to all guests, there are many fantastic rooms available for many uses.
The Garden Room is just off the Atrium Water Garden and is the most versatile room as the room size can be adjusted to fit the size of your event from a dinner for 10 people to a 180 theatre style.
The Lecture Theatre room features tiered seating for 25 delegates and a video projector and screen. The beautiful atrium water garden makes an ideal, relaxing break out area. Next to the Sefton Hotel is the Villa Marina - the Isle of Man's conference, art and cultural centre. This can host larger conference events and The Sefton is ideal accommodation for these events, or can offer conference rooms for related spin-off conferences.
The Spa & Swimming Pool
Comprises of the swimming pool, spa pool, steam room, sauna, gym, Avie Beauty Therapy Service and the Pulse Health and Fitness Consultancy.
The swimming pool is open daily from 7am till 9pm. The steam room and sauna are turned on at 5pm daily but if required before this time a call to the duty housekeeper a short time before it is required is all that is necessary. The gym is open from 6pm to 11pm but please note that certain items of equipment are not accessible during unsupervised periods.
The newly refurbished library on the ground floor is equipped with two fully enabled internet access PC's for your use. There is also a beautiful coal effect fire for those windy island nights! We also supply a selection of daily newspapers and reading material for your use. Plus for those younger visitors (or young at heart!) a small selection of board games are available to help pass the time.
Other Hotel Facilities
- 3 disabled bedrooms
- 3 lifts
- Special breakfast room
- Free secure underground car park for the exclusive use of our guests
- Two dedicated larger disabled spaces
- Library (with 2 PC's with Internet access)
- Art gallery
- Morning room
Facilities for the disabled - The Sefton Hotel has a Level 2 Access Grading
- There are three rooms suitable for physically disabled guests - all situated on the first floor and each with atrium water garden balcony views. Each bathroom has a standard bath but the shower is designed so that you can place a wheelchair directly below it.
- Access to the reception hall from both the Car Park and the Promenade is by convenient ramps and all floors are level and accessible from one of three lifts.
- The Library, Breakfast Room and Lounge have level access and are level throughout as is the Atrium Water Garden.
- A ramp gives access to the Gallery restaurant and bar.
- There is a special lowered section to the reception counter for easy registration and communication with the duty receptionist.
- For disabled non-resident guests there is a disabled toilet facility on the first floor immediately adjacent to the main lift.
- The edge of the swimming pool is accessible by wheelchair but the changing room is not and it is therefore best to get changed in your bedroom first and then come down to the pool. Dressing gowns can be added on request.
- There is a reserved disabled parking position in the hotel underground car park. When first arriving by car go straight round to the rear of the hotel and drive down the ramp into the car park. At the barrier you will see a bell push and speaker giving you direct communication with the duty receptionist.
Our friendly staff are happy to advise on anything from golfing (there are eight golf courses within 10 miles of the hotel) to exploring the island by electric tram.